Last updated on January 27th, 2023 at 3:37pm
There are many cloud management solutions available today, and the feature set across these solutions is similar. So what makes Kion different?
Here are 10 ways that Kion stands out in today's marketplace. When bundled together in one solution, we think you'll find Kion goes beyond cloud governance and management to deliver full cloud enablement.
- Enforcement actions for proactive control vs reactive damage control. Our financial enforcements send alerts or cut off spending when you hit set thresholds. Other tools simply alert or report on cloud financials. Kion actually takes action to keep blown budgets from happening in the first place. With Kion, you can stop worrying about missing email alerts and rest easier knowing that Kion is enforcing your rules.
- Multi-cloud control. Kion provides cloud control across AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, delivering a more holistic picture of your policies, spend, and compliance across all environments. Other tools (especially cloud-native tools) do not offer this level of flexibility and can further lock you into their platform. Kion is the front door to your multi-cloud enterprise through a common, user-friendly experience.
- Automations built in familiar languages. Kion doesn't rely on proprietary languages to automate your cloud. This means your cloud ops team can work in languages that are familiar to them, like JSON and YAML. It also means the work they’ve already done transfers over easily, so Kion can consistently apply your rules across your accounts and projects without duplication of effort.
- A private, self-hosted architecture. Kion installs in your AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud environment, so your data is 100% private and we never have your cloud login credentials. Other third-party products are externally hosted SaaS tools that require access to your data but our platform is deployed directly within your cloud account. Plus, with Kion being hosted in your environment, the integration options for your existing IT investments are limitless.
- Native access to your cloud. Cloud providers release tons of new features every month. With Kion, you get instant, native access to those features because authorized users can federate directly into your cloud console. Tools with brokered access provide a limited, watered-down catalog that slows your ability to innovate while you wait for them to support your cloud provider’s new services.
- Organization-wide visibility. We let you see your cloud access policies, financial data, spend, and compliance across your entire organization in our intuitive org chart. This means all of your cloud accounts and projects can be aligned to the way your organization does business no matter the depth, breadth, or structure. Other tools rarely provide org-wide visibility, or they only provide a few of these views.
- Support for your custom financial management needs. We let you create spend plans that match how you actually track money. With Kion, you can easily separate funding from O&M, R&D, external grants, and more. Design custom budgets that align with funding expiration dates (a key requirement for government agencies), then allocate funds to projects and departments that mirror your actual organization. Other financial tools have limited options for customization and won’t let you use start/end dates that are not aligned to calendar years.
- Always-up-to-date reports. We use microservices to query your cloud and give you results that are as fresh as they come. From estimating cloud spending to ensuring that configurations are in sync, Kion provides near-real-time information and control of your cloud. After all, you can’t make accurate decisions with spend reports from cloud provider tools that are 12-24 hours old.
- Onboarding is easy. Our customers rave about our quick install and configuration process. We’ll take you from guided evaluation to up-and-running with cloud control in no time, which means less time spent transitioning and more time spent on critical tasks.
- A simpler solution for all your users. We want life to be simpler in the cloud, so we designed a solution that works for all your users and lets you focus on the key priorities that will drive business success. Other tools require extensive training, and even after months of use you may not understand how to use all of their features.
Kion is the best choice for complete cloud enablement. But what does this mean for our customers?
On average, our customers have:
- Seen a 10x reduction in the time needed to set up and provision cloud accounts.
- Saved an average of 30% on their cloud bills.
- Satisfied key compliance and security standards in <2 hours.
See these 10 reasons in action today when you request a demo.