Last updated on February 3rd, 2023 at 4:36pm
Projects are Kion's smallest unit inside of the Kion platform. Projects house the AWS accounts, Azure subscriptions, and Google Cloud projects within Kion and they simplify enforcement of compliance, budgets, and IAM across contained cloud accounts.
Adding a new project is simple as long as you have the requisite roles and permissions to create new projects.
Creating a New Project
- From the "Projects" page, select "Add New"
- Enter a project name
- Select the organizational unit (OU) that will contain the new project
- Select the owners of the project
- For projects containing AWS accounts, select the default AWS Region
- Select a funding source. Note: multiple funding sources can be selected and assigned a priority to fund the project
- Select "Create Project"
Projects will then inherit the permissions, rules, compliance standards, and access roles from the OU that contains it automatically upon creation without additional effort. It is all powered by Kion's automation. This inheritance creates confidence that the correct levels of access are implemented, accounts are compliant, and financial enforcements are in place across AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
If you'd like to see a demo of OUs, projects, and Kion's organizational chart, please contact one of our experts.