Last updated on February 2nd, 2023 at 3:06pm
It's a big day at cloudtamer.io! We just released 2.25, and we are so excited to announce that cloudtamer.io now supports our 3rd cloud provider! Welcome to the party, Google Cloud!
If you're already using Google Cloud, you'll be able to use cloudtamer.io to integrate it seamlessly with your other cloud providers. If you're not, going multi-cloud is easier than ever with cloudtamer.io!
And that's just the beginning of the highlights for 2.25! We've also added a Tenable.sc integration to unite all your compliance tools, custom branding options for the UI, and more. Check out everything that we added below!
Three cheers for Google Cloud support!
We are stoked about the benefits that Google Cloud Support will bring our customers. This improves multi-cloud support for existing customers who wish to integrate their Google Cloud accounts into cloudtamer.io. It also lets us support new customers that use Google Cloud.
Our out-of-the-box Google Cloud support allows you to:
- Add externally-created Google Cloud projects and the service and billing accounts that authenticate/fund them. Then, you can attach them to cloudtamer.io projects, create funding sources, allocate funds, and track spending across your projects.
- Set up spending enforcements that trigger when you reach a set spending threshold. You can get notifications before you’ve blown your monthly, yearly, or lifetime Google Cloud budget, so you know when to curb spending and won’t have any surprises.
- Run comprehensive reports and view your Google Cloud financial data alongside other cloud providers to get the full picture of project spend. Our report builder lets you slice and dice your spend data in so many ways: view spend by project, OU, account, service, and more.
For everyone: A customized UI and ease-of-use features
2.25 brings lots more than Google Cloud! Here are a few other highlights for all users.
Custom Branding for the UI
My personal favorite addition in this release is the new custom branding menu. It lets you change colors, logos, and text in the UI to fit your organization's brand (or to make cloudtamer.io hot pink. Your call).
This menu lets you change the following:
- The login screen background color.
- The side navigation background color.
- The side navigation text color.
- The logo on the login screen.
- The logo on the navigation bar.
- The favicon.
- The product name text on the login screen.
And don't worry, we provide the default settings in the Support Center article just in case you decide hot pink wasn't a good fit.
More In-App Info About Funding Sources
We also added some new in-app info about funding sources:
- We now show you which funding sources will be used to handle overspending when creating a project’s spend plan. This is based on the priority order and active timeframe for your funding sources. This helps you stay in-the-know about which funding sources will be used in all scenarios.
- We added visual indicators for expired/inactive funding sources on project spend plans. This makes it easier to identify them in the list so you can adjust the active dates or add new funding sources.
For AWS users: Tenable.sc integration, new savings opportunities, quick GovCloud imports, and consistent IAM role names
We've also added quite a few things specifically for AWS users with this release.
Our newest integration lets users of Tenable.sc effortlessly pull in compliance vulnerabilities and report them on cloudtamer.io's compliance overview. This is great if you're using multiple tools to track compliance, especially since we also integrate with AWS Security Hub. You'll be able to track your compliance info from all of your tools in one central, easy-to-use location with cloudtamer.io.
This integration uses compliance middleware to communicate between tools. Here's how it works:
- We provide a middleware file package that you download.
- You set your filters and configurations in one of the files.
- The middleware retrieves a list of EC2 instance metadata in order to determine which vulnerabilities belong to which AWS account. Then, it retrieves vulnerabilities based on the filters the user sets within your configuration file.
- With these vulnerabilities, the middleware automatically creates a new cloudtamer.io compliance check for each unique plugin ID and associates it with a compliance standard you specify.
- The middleware ingests the findings via compliance scans and displays the results on the compliance overview.
You don't need to take any other steps to activate the integration. Unzipping the files, configuring them, and meeting the prerequisites are the only steps needed to pull all of your Tenable.sc vulnerabilities into cloudtamer.io for all your compliance in one place.
New Savings Opportunities
We've been steadily adding more savings opportunities to cloudtamer.io since their first appearance, and this release is no different. There are new savings opportunity checks in 2.25 for AWS Redshift snapshots.
But we took it to the next level in this release. When AWS announced the new EBS gp3 volume type at re:Invent in early December, we acted quickly to add new savings opportunities to cloudtamer.io. We now let you see where upgrading to these newer resource versions will save money and improve performance. For example, we'll show you where upgrading AWS EBS volumes from gp2 to gp3 would be cheaper and more performant. This is an easy change that goes beyond saving you money; it helps you choose better-performing resources. Win/win!
Quick GovCloud Account Imports
Importing all of an org's AWS Commercial accounts has been a popular feature, so we've made it available for AWS GovCloud as well! Now you can add all of your AWS GovCloud accounts to the account cache in one go for quick and easy onboarding.
Standardize IAM Role Names
Our new IAM role prefix setting lets you choose a custom prefix for AWS IAM roles. This sets a global naming convention for all AWS IAM role names, which will auto-populate in the IAM Role field on CARs. This setting applies across all cloudtamer.io users for your organization, so if you want consistency in your org's IAM role names, you can easily enforce it.
There's plenty more to read!
Existing customers can find a full list of features from 2.25 in our Support Center (and if you haven't checked out our documentation there, you should; one customer called it "a beacon in a world of misery," so you know it's worth a read).
If you're new to cloudtamer.io, you can request a demo to learn more about our comprehensive cloud management software.