Blog Cloud Enablement Feature Friday
We release versions of Kion with new features and changes on a regular cadence and post the detailed release notes to the Kion Support Center.
Here are the steps you’ll take to upgrade Kion and take advantage of new features:
- View the release notes at support.kion.io find the files associated with your target release version.
- Download the YAML file for the release.
- Navigate to the account where Kion is deployed.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Cloud Formation service and locate the Kion app stack.
- Click Update and then select Replace Current Template.
- Upload the Cloud Formation Template you downloaded from the Kion Support Center, and select Next.
- You won't need to change any of the values unless there are new fields available which will be specifically called out in the version release notes. Select Next.
- At the bottom of the review screen, don't forget to acknowledge that AWS Cloud Formation might create IAM resources.
- Click Submit.
The upgrade will perform a rolling update on the application in about 5 minutes.
After upgrading, you'll see a notification of the upgrade and a prompt to refresh the page.
For detailed documentation around application updates, including database updates and updates without Internet access, please visit support.kion.io.
If you'd like to see all the great features in Kion to help you become cloud enabled, request a demo.