Last updated on September 20th, 2023 at 10:17am
Many of our customers have to meet strict compliance requirements across multiple frameworks and standards. Kion makes it easy to place guardrails to prevent violations of these standards and continuously monitor and remediate any deviations from the standards as your cloud environment evolves.
How to Load New Compliance Standards in Kion
- Go to System Settings.
- Select Kion Managed Resources.
- Choose your desired compliance standard. The reference library is a generic set of checks based on best practice, or you can choose the appropriate standard that you would like to adhere to.
- Select “Load Managed Resources”.
This creates a cloud rule for your selected standard, which contains preventative controls and IAM policies for new accounts to comply with your chosen standard. This also loads a selection of compliance checks that will continuously monitor your environment to ensure adherence to your selected compliance standard.
How to Load Only the Compliance Checks
Sometimes, you may only want to load in the compliance checks for continuous monitoring without the preventative controls and IAM policies. To do this you’ll need to create a new cloud rule.
- Under “Cloud Rules”, select “Add New”.
- Name the cloud rule.
- Under the “Compliance Settings” section choose your desired standard(s) under the “Compliance Standards (Optional)” drop-down menu.
- Select “Create Cloud Rule”.
You can now apply this cloud rule to OUs and Projects in Kion to monitor and generate findings in the compliance dashboard in Kion to give you real-time visibility into adherence or deviation for this standard.
Simplified Cloud Compliance
Kion's continuous compliance features make it easy to ensure you are adhering to compliance and regulatory requirements by placing guardrails that adhere to many popular frameworks, the ability to write custom compliance checks specific to unique organizational needs, and identifying and automatically remediating violations in real-time.
If you’d like to learn more about how Kion can simplify compliance in the cloud, please get in contact with one of our experts.